Measuring media benefit for NZ Inc
Large events like international sporting fixtures, film premieres and festivals come at a cost but provide significant benefits to New Zealand. Our client NZ Inc asked McNamara Research to assess the economic benefit arising from news coverage of some specific events that caught the eye of international media.
- We needed not just to monitor the news and social media but find the skinny bit with the highest value, reach, influence and economic benefit for NZ Inc.
- Dig deeper into the data to tell our client where and how it achieved its best news results, which titles and journalists were most positive and valuable to New Zealand, which images were created and what messages about New Zealand endured after the event.
- Targeted monitoring: a curated data set to show the relative value to New Zealand of international titles and people in the media influencing our economic benefit from international events.
- Data visualisation: a clear picture of how international media portrayed New Zealand.
- A visual index of international news influencers to help our client understand how and through whom it achieved the best return on its efforts, and who to talk to next.